At Expand, we feel very strongly about our commitment to the environment. We have an Environmental Policy, in which we strive to minimize the use of non-recyclable resources and we have recently developed a recycling partnership with Matthew 25: Ministries, a not-for-profit humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization.
Read on to learn more about Expand’s partnership with Matthew 25 Ministries…
We strive to:
- Use natural resources conservatively by recycling and reusing where feasible.
- Minimize the use of non-recyclable natural resources.
- Follow all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Develop and market products that are safe in their intended use, energy efficient, and protective of the environment.
- Store, handle and dispose of all potentially hazardous substances and wastes in a safe and proper manner.
- Encourage reduction, reuse and recycling in all of our activities.
- Encourage responsible use of resources throughout our business, including conserving energy and water use and improving energy efficiency.
- Use water-based inks, which are better for the environment.
Through our new partnership, we donate our extra scrap and returned fabric to Matthew 25: Ministries, and they donate it to help people in developing countries.
Matthew 25’s mission is to provide food, clean water, clothing, medical care and humanitarian supplies to those in need. The fabric and materials donated from Expand and other organizations is used to teach people in developing countries learn marketable skills, such as how to sew or sell fabric.
Matthew 25 accepts product and financial donations and has many volunteer opportunities for individuals and organizations. Click here to find out ways that you can contribute.
Like our posts? Click below to follow the Expand Blog and get our latest updates: