Hi, my name is Don Johnson and I’m the Southeast Account Executive at Expand International.
Selling Trade Show Displays can get tricky. There are so many factors that go into making that final sale: price, availability, customization, the quality of customer experience, you name it!
If you find yourself asking questions like: “What am I not considering?”, and “How can I land the sale?”, then read below for my helpful tips!
If you have any questions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four Tips for Selling Portable Event Displays
Expand is here to help you with all your portable needs! A lot of times, people will have hesitations to buying these displays. I’ve listed some tips to help you overcome setbacks when trying to sell portable’s to your clients…
1. What should I do when I hear my customers say, “I don’t do trade shows?”
Most people think of our products as “Trade Show Displays”. Well they are not just for trade shows! They are also used in Live Marketing Events, Retail Point of Sale and On-site Messaging and Signage.
Expand offers a line of retractable banner stands that can be used at any kind of event and are easy to assemble. Think of them as “portable billboards” that combine pictures, words and color to drive home a message. These lightweight displays can be used almost anywhere that your prospects gather and set up in just minutes.
Here are just a few uses:
- Attract people to your business.
- Display a colorful menu to quickly show all the things you offer.
- Launch a new product.
- Promote upcoming events.
- Create a focal point in a meeting or presentation.
- Reinforce your brand name and corporate identity.
- Recruit at job fairs and on campuses.
- Push ideas and sales in unexpected places.
2. My client doesn’t have a big budget. Are there more affordable solutions for smaller businesses?
Yes! We now offer a series of cost-effective promotional displays:
- The Campaigner
- Expand PromoRollup retractable
- Expand Promo BannerStand
- Current Expand MediaFabric Special
- Expand PromoFlags (available in teardrop and shark fin shapes)
3. My client doesn’t know the difference between different Expand products. Is there an easy way to distinguish them from each other?
Yes! I’ve developed a “Good, Better, Best” prototype for our most popular event displays, which will help you to know which Expand products to target to your customers, based on their budget.
Good, Better, Best:
- Expand MediaScreen 1 and Back wall.
- Expand QuickScreen 3 Table Top with Table Cloth
- Expand MediaFabric Table Top with Table Cloth
- Expand LinkWall Table Top with Table Cloth
- Expand GrandFabric pillow case style dye-sub fabric back wall.
- Expand LinkWall with Expand PodiumCase
By using the Expand PodiumCase, you can easily transport your display and then use it as a counter at your event!
4. What if my customer needs help with outdoor marketing?
Make it easy for your customer to take their message outdoors with:
- Expand MediaScreen 2 Outdoor Rollups
- Expand Flags
- Expand DisplayTunnels for lining roads and walkways
- Expand VenueTents for temporary outdoor setups
So, who is my target audience?
There are all kinds of target audiences who can use portable event displays: Companies large and small, Retail stores large and small, Government at all levels, Colleges, Churches, Non-Profits: Anyone with a message to tell!
What if I want to send this information to my customers with my own brand?
Another way to help your customers is to give them our customizable Sales Sheets. As an Expand Reseller, you can re-brand them with your own logo and contact information! We also have a Reseller Catalog that you can brand with your own logo and your own pricing:
Already a member? Just sign into the Reseller Tools folder to access the Rebrandable materials!
I hope that you found this information helpful.
Follow the Expand blog and get all of our latest updates: