Hi, my name is Brad Gende and I’m an Expand Account Executive located in Chicago.
We live in a world where people are constantly communicating with each other and the main driver of this communication is social media.
In today’s environment, it’s important to promote your business on social media, while continuing to communicate through face-to-face meetings. Read my post about how brands effectively market through both social media and experiential marketing.
Marketing Your Business Through Social Media and Experiential Marketing
Over 78% of people in the United States use social media, making it one of the greatest lead sources available. However, face-to-face communication is also extremely important. A recent survey by the Content Marketing Institute shows that 93% of organizations use social media and 81% use in-person events as B2B marketing tactics. Let’s discuss how brands utilize both social media and experiential marketing to effectively market themselves.
The short answer to why organizations and brands use social media as much as possible? Two words: Easy and Inexpensive. It’s as simple as downloading an app on your phone and setting up an account. All you need to use it is a computer or smart phone and a little creativity. Social media is also usually a free tool to use, although there is a recent trend of brands paying to be seen on their consumer’s social media walls.
Here are some benefits of using social media:
- Communication: It’s extremely valuable for brands to be able to communicate directly with their consumers to generate interest. For example, if I got a tweet on Twitter from the Chicago Cubs (now the 2016 World Series champions), I would be excited that the Cubs personally communicated with me, which would spurn my own interest in going to a game. All this started by a simple tweet of 140 characters or fewer!
- Sales Promotions: Printed coupons have officially become a thing of the past. The quickest and easiest way that companies let their customers know of products on sale or promotions being run is through social media. Social media is the most powerful sales promotion tool being used today. Are you taking advantage of this tool?
- E-Communication: Customers prefer things to be easy. And the easiest way for a consumer to purchase a product is on their own computer. E-commerce and social media have always gone hand-in-hand. Consumers are constantly scrolling through their applications and reading through their timelines, which often heavily feature followed, favorited and liked companies they’ve selected to follow in the past.
Ideally, consumers are clicking links that lead them to product pages and online shops. Brands that utilize social media seem to have higher e-commerce sales and more repeat customers.
Experiential (Face-to-Face) Marketing:
Social media is the simplest and fastest way for brands to get eyes onto their products and services. However, don’t forget about trade shows and other events. Face-to-face interaction is critical. A recent survey from the Content Marketing Institute shows that 75% of brands say that in-person events are the most effective B2B tactic for their organization. 1
One of the best ways to have a face-to-face interaction with your customers is to exhibit at a trade show that your customers regularly attend. Statista.com claims that 82% of trade show visitors are directly influenced in making purchasing decisions. 2 There is no better place than a trade show to see, touch and feel new products and services. According to a 2016 Experiential Marketing Content Report by the Event Marketing Institute, 74% of consumers say engaging with branded event marketing experiences makes them more likely to buy the products being promoted. 3
Expand realizes the importance of having a booth that stands out and delivers the “WOW” factor. Our industry leading product, the Expand GrandFabric, employs a “Click, Pull, Zip, Hello!” concept that makes it easy to build branding solutions that are easy to set up, take down, roll away or ship. No tools or hired labor required!
A face-to-face interaction also allows you brands to develop a relationship with their customers. Building strong partnerships with your customers is important regardless of where you are in the industry. It allows your customers to talk to you about their questions, comments or concerns and also gives YOU the chance to ask THEM some open-ended questions to figure out exactly what they need and what they need help with.
I hope you found this information helpful. Using these techniques effectively will allow brands to generate potential new customers on a daily basis and continue to grow their business. For more information, email me at email@example.com
Click below to view Expand’s social media channels:
1. B2B Content Marketing. 2016 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America. The Content Marketing Institute.
2. U.S. Trade Show Marketing – Statistics & Facts. Statistia.com.
3. Experimental Marketing Content Benchmarketing Report. Event Marketing Institute.
Like our posts? Click below to follow the Expand blog and get all of our latest updates: